Wednesday, November 19, 2008

2nd best cookies ever and my view on the "bailout"

OK, so I just have to share a GREAT cookie recipe that has easily become my 2nd (or 3rd) favorite cookie ever. Of course, the best cookies are the pumpkin cookies, but these cookies are really just as good!!!

My opinion piece:
I seriously did not agree with the "bailout" that they approved back in Sept. so I really do not agree whatsoever with bailing out the "big 3." Here is why I don't agree with it.
1. Obviously, it isn't a crisis when the CEOs of the companies don't cut back their lifestyle, i.e. taking private jets to Washingtion to make their case as well as refusing to move to Detroit and using a private jet to get from Seattle to Detroit every other weekend.
2. As Mitt Romney puts it, “If General Motors, Ford and Chrysler get the bailout that their chief executives asked for yesterday, you can kiss the American automotive industry goodbye.” They need to get rid of the top management and retool the companies as well as redo the union contracts. Of note, however, I really like Mitt Romney, even though he is a mormon. He is a smart, smart man; and I really do believe he would have made a great president; and if he runs in the primaries and wins the primaries in 2012, I will support him. There are things I don't care for him about; but all in all, if we are still in a huge economic meltdown, he has my vote.
3. If you keep bailing out big companies, where do you stop? Sometimes bankrupcy is a good thing for these big companies. I say take responsibility. I find it quite hilarious that the CEOs of the big 3 said they would take a paycut for a dollar a day, however, couldn't find it in them to fly coach to Washington. They need to go.

I'm going to book our rock climbing excursion today. I'm really excited about this!! I seriously cannot wait :)!! I love it. It is going to be AWESOME.

Some stuff to read just for fun:
How Obama got elected. Buy it, read it. The world has never seen such freezing heat. Great reason to homeschool.

1 comment:

Corrie Anne said...

Any reason is a good reason to home school.

Says the girl who loves teaching both private and public school. Haha.