Monday, November 17, 2008

Obsession issues

So I decided that there are things I definitely need to work on. I definitely get obsessed with things. For example, I was completely "into" the summer Olympics; but then again, who couldn't be obsessed with seeing Michael Phelps blow everyone out of the water?
Then there was the election. Yes, I actually got into politics this year. The reason: Sarah Palin and the dislike of President-elect Barack Obama's policies. I find it quite hilarious how much I hated politics before, and now (other than the Bible) that is all that I read. Favorite website: hotair.com. I love talk radio now; and when I am working around the house and James Dobson isn't on, that is what I listen to. It is quite interesting how there are different takes on policies, and I actually have enjoyed learning more about the world, even though I tend to forget that I am not of the word and get too invested. Anyway, now that the election is over, that chapter in my life is "closed," but I still do follow politics but not as extensively as before.
So now, what am I going to do. I have decided that I'm going to try to do better with keeping in contact with people. It honestly is difficult for me since my mornings and afternoons are free and that is when everyone is working and my nights are pretty much booked with either work, teaching piano, church, spending time with my husband, and trying to find some time in there to see my family and friends. So that is goal No. 1....but I think I found something else that I could perhaps enjoy doing......


It is my year to plan our anniversary outting. I wanted to do something "fun." I was looking online, and I found information about rock climbing. I think to myself, "Hey, Randy loves doing that." SO, we're going rock climbing for our anniversary. There is an indoor place in St. Paul that looks pretty amazing. I found out too that there is a rock climbing gym here in Rochester too. Now, this might be my next obsession, I honestly don't know; but I can definitely see me enjoying this. I'm hoping this is a way that I can enjoy God's creation; and hopefully it is something that Randy and I will like doing together. So pray I don't break my neck and pray that we have a great time. (http://www.verticalendeavors.com/vestpaulnew/index.html)

I definitely believe we need to have children as I wouldn't have time for obsessions. LOL!!!

2 comments:

Liz said...

yay!! I love your new blog :) And that you'll be sharing random info with the whole world through the internet. hehehe. Anywho, love it! :) keep it up!!

and here's my blog in case you're interested: http://lizzier.blogspot.com

Liz :)

Lisermama said...

I'm ready for you to have kids! LOL!!!!! I bet your girl looks just like Alyvia!